From: fern on
I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
skills. Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?
From: Richard on

OpenCOBOL is free. see: http://www.opencobol.org/

Windows builds are available at: http://www.kiska.net/opencobol/1.1/

From: Alistair on
On Jul 22, 10:46 pm, fern <fernhi...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills.  Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

Microfocus Net Express v5.1 Personal Edition.
From: aiglesias on
On Jul 22, 5:46 pm, fern <fernhi...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> I'm an out of work mainframe developer who wants to keep up my Cobol
> skills.  Is there a low-cost or free Cobol compiler available that
> would work on my PC with Windows 7 operating system?

Hello - Veryant www.veryant.com will release a free student edition of
isCOBOL within a month. I suggest you checked it out.

Pages: 1
Prev: Hobby languages
Next: PowerCOBOL batch compiles