From: Bill Klein on
"Standard conforming" (even ISO, i.e. INTERNATIONAL) COBOL compilers all use
English keywords and syntax. Historically, there have been anumber of
"pre-" and "co-"processors for non-English syntax support. The IBM "CCCA"
productt was originally a preprocessor to allow for French language syntax.
Similarly, IBM offered "Kanji" support for user-defined words long before
general "DBCS" support came along.

Micro Focus is "infamous" for allow English (British) speclling for keywords
(e.g. Background-Colour, Initialise, etc).

From: Alistair on
On Jul 11, 4:33 am, "Bill Klein" <wmkl...(a)noreply.ix.netcom.com>
wrote:
> "Standard conforming" (even ISO, i.e. INTERNATIONAL) COBOL compilers all use
> English keywords and syntax.  Historically, there have been anumber of
> "pre-" and "co-"processors for non-English syntax support.  The IBM "CCCA"
> productt was originally a preprocessor to allow for French language syntax.
> Similarly, IBM offered "Kanji" support for user-defined words long before
> general "DBCS" support came along.
>
> Micro Focus is "infamous" for allow English (British) speclling for keywords
> (e.g. Background-Colour, Initialise, etc).

I like the English (British) spellings; its the Americans who mis-
spell. It used to annoy me that I had to use the word "disk" to refer
to a disc and it gradually became common in GB to use the -k variant
in non-IT contexts until recently when I noticed the -c variant making
a come-back.
From: Howard Brazee on
What is foo bar in Greek?

- James Madison
From: Fritz Wuehler on
> What is foo bar in Greek?

You need an APL keyboard for that.

From: Alistair on
On Jul 13, 1:31 am, Fritz Wuehler
<fr...(a)spamexpire-201007.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:
> > What is foo bar in Greek?
>
> You need an APL keyboard for that.

According to Google, Foo Bar in Greek is:

Foo Bar.