First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL
Hi, I need to change the some 1000 Program from COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL. What are the essential difference between COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL. How much can it affect my code ? (There are not much DB2,CICS in my code) Thanks, Dib ... 13 Feb 2006 18:05
Search for a string using SORT
On 7 Feb 2006 18:32:01 -0800, "mftips(a)gmail.com" <mftips(a)gmail.com> wrote: To Search for a particular string within a file when the exact position of that string within a record is not known and to write that record in the Output file the following SORT card can be used. Example 1: SORT FIELDS=COPY IN... 11 Feb 2006 06:11
MicroFocus & mainframe sequential files
I have been trying to get a microfocus cobol program to open and read a variable sequential file that is the same format as what gets transfer to my computer via ftp. That transfer format is very simple: 2 bytes indicating the length of the data. 2 bytes of low values N bytes of data. that pattern repeated for... 9 Feb 2006 13:10
Mainframe Question
Fujitsu claims their (incorrect) result is the same as that produced by IBM COBOL on MVS or whatever they run nowadays. Can someone please confirm this? TIA 01 W-Depr-Rem Pic S9(15)V9(2) Comp Value +0. 01 W-Est-Life-Y Pic S9(11)V9(6) Comp Value +5. 01 W-Depr-... 3 Feb 2006 23:18
xml acucobol
sto provando a leggere un file xml ma non riesco a venirne fuori ... infatti lancio il wruncbl32 books.acu ma non mi da il risultato ... sicuramente sto sbagliando qualche variabile in runtime ... qualche idicazione ? questo il sorgente identification division. program-id. books. * Copyright (c) 2003 ... 26 Jan 2006 15:24
free implementation? factorial?
Hello, I am teaching a CS course ("Programming and Software Techniques") at the university of Heidelberg. This course uses C++, but I want to give my students also a feeling for other languages. To this end, I have reserved a little bit of time (5-10 minutes of each session) for telling them a little about oth... 17 Jan 2006 15:50
Data Representation in COBOL
Hi All, Here is a sample code... A PIC X(04) VALUE IS 'KLMN'. B REDEFINES A PIC S9(04). ADD 1000 TO B. DISPLAY B. This gives 134E as answer. Could anyone please let me know how the data is actually stored and how this operation is performed. Thanks and Regards, Raveendra. ... 15 Jan 2006 00:45
Tandem
Hi I would like to know the differences between usual Cobol and Tandem Cobol. Thanks for any help Robert -- 'Vom Standpunkt eines Beamtenrechtlers aus betrachtet ist der Tod die sch?rfstwirkenste aller bekannten, langfristig wirkenden Formen der vollst?ndigen Dienstunf?higkeit.' aus: Kommentar zum Beamt... 2 Dec 2005 16:40
Dynamic Allocation of files in an IBM Environment
Does anyone know how to allocate DD statements or DSN=? within a COBOL program without using JCL. Thanks... ... 23 Sep 2005 05:13
Management wars
I read the thread on command line arguments and was quite surprised to see the hostility manifested towards 'managers'. Richard gave some very sound and clear advice that was within the framework of what was requested. Michael was attacked for having been a manager, which seems to me, no basis for attack. S... 20 Sep 2005 21:37