From: R.Freitag on
Hi

I would like to know the differences between usual Cobol and Tandem Cobol.
Thanks for any help

Robert
--
'Vom Standpunkt eines Beamtenrechtlers aus betrachtet ist der Tod die
sch?rfstwirkenste aller bekannten, langfristig wirkenden Formen der
From: Mike on

R.Freitag wrote:
> I would like to know the differences between usual Cobol and Tandem Cobol.

It comes with a second rider to help out over the steep bits.

From: Bob Iles on
Mike wrote:
> R.Freitag wrote:
>
>>I would like to know the differences between usual Cobol and Tandem Cobol.
>

> It comes with a second rider to help out over the steep bits.

nice :)
From: Howard Brazee on
On 30 Nov 2005 08:53:42 -0800, "Mike" <MPBrede(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I would like to know the differences between usual Cobol and Tandem Cobol.
>
>It comes with a second rider to help out over the steep bits.

I always wanted one of those two handled mugs that Tandem computer
salesmen used to give out to prospective customers.
From: Sergey Kashyrin on
Robert,

For documentation you can try to look at http://h30163.www3.hp.com/ntl/
Regarding the differences, it depends on what you mean by "usual".
Some of them:

does not support OS-VS perform type

does not have a real "dynamic" CALLs (you have to link all modules together, even you can have some of them as a separate DLLs), i.e. you can't "add" program to existing system without relinking.

does not allow to assign filename dynamically (even thru external assignmant like DD on mainframe)

accepts only quotes (does not have "apost" option)

syntax checking is more strict than "ususally" (i.e. ZEROS vs ZERO, etc...)