From: HeyBub on
SkippyPB wrote:

>> It's from the book "Isaac Asimov's Lecherous Limericks," a
>> collection of his naughtier nods.
>>
>> He said when he composed the above, it was the epitome, could never
>> be improved upon, and never wrote another.
>>

> I thought that Issac Asimov was a "she".

Hardly. He passed away in 1992 after having written more than 500 books. If
one had to pick the ten best science fiction books of all time, most would
agree two would be by Asimov ("I, Robot," and "The Foundation Trilogy").

He also wrote such diverse items:
Isaac Asimov's Guide to the Bible (two volumes)
Isaac Asimov's Guide to Greek and Roman Mythology
Asimov on Numbers
Asimov on Physics
Asimov's Guide to Shakespeare

For his last twenty years, he was married to a psychiatrist.

He had a novel way of dealing with the curse of "writer's block." In his
study he had six electric typewriters on a long table. He would type away on
one project until he hit a wall. He would then roll to the next typewriter
and pick up where he had left off on that work. By the time he reached the
sixth project, he could return to the first with renewed vigor.

In his later years, he turned out over 5,000 words a day.

From: Howard Brazee on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:20:30 -0400, SkippyPB
<swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:

>>It's from the book "Isaac Asimov's Lecherous Limericks," a collection of his
>>naughtier nods.
>>
>>He said when he composed the above, it was the epitome, could never be
>>improved upon, and never wrote another.
>>

>I thought that Issac Asimov was a "she".

Could be the name isn't familiar to me, but Isaac Asimov was famous
for being a "dirty old man", even writing _Sensuous Dirty Old Man_.

- James Madison
From: SkippyPB on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 08:18:41 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:20:30 -0400, SkippyPB
><swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>>It's from the book "Isaac Asimov's Lecherous Limericks," a collection of his
>>>naughtier nods.
>>>
>>>He said when he composed the above, it was the epitome, could never be
>>>improved upon, and never wrote another.
>>>

>>I thought that Issac Asimov was a "she".
>
>Could be the name isn't familiar to me, but Isaac Asimov was famous
>for being a "dirty old man", even writing _Sensuous Dirty Old Man_.

I read a lot of Asimov as a kid and I thought I had read that "Issac
Asimov" was the pen name of a woman. I obviously have him confused
with someone else.

Regards,
--

////
(o o)

"Without Deviation From the norm, progress is not possible.
-- Frank Zappa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remove nospam to email me.

Steve
From: Howard Brazee on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:33:01 -0400, SkippyPB
<swiegand(a)Nospam.neo.rr.com> wrote:

>I read a lot of Asimov as a kid and I thought I had read that "Issac
>Asimov" was the pen name of a woman. I obviously have him confused
>with someone else.

I grew up thinking that "Andre" was a girl's name, as the only Andre I
was familiar with was Andre Norton.

- James Madison