From: ThoK on
Hi all,

I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does
not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact
the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them.

Has anybody else had this effect?

Wish I could get a useful advice!

TIA
ThoK
From: David Lowndes on
>I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does
>not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact
>the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them.

There's a facility in the dialog editor that lets you edit the tab
order. I can't remember what it's called in VC6, but it may respond to
the Ctrl+T accelerator.

Dave
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I have never encountered this. If you go into set-tabs mode (Ctl+D if you are using the
default bindings) then you click the controls in the sequence you want, and then exit
tab-setting mode and once you save the .rc file (implict on a rebuild, unless you've
changed this setting) you should see the tab sequence you established. I've not had this
fail. Evem om VS6.
joe
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 06:39:23 -0700 (PDT), ThoK <ThoKKregeloh(a)aol.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does
>not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact
>the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them.
>
>Has anybody else had this effect?
>
>Wish I could get a useful advice!
>
>TIA
>ThoK
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Hector Santos on
He is right, but that has always been correct - the TAB order is the
order the controls were added to the FORM, not the order in which it
was placed or appeared on the form. You always had to correct the
tabbing order you wanted yourself using:

LAYOUT | TAB ORDER (ctrl-d)

--
HLS

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
The default tab order is the order controls were laid down. That has always been true.
But setting the tab order explicitly has been supported since the first dialog editor I
used, back with MFC 2.0. It has always been Ctrl+D with the key bindings I select.
joe