From: Ed Mullen on
New World Disorder wrote:
> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message
>> New World Disorder wrote:
>>> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message

>>> Thanks, Yep, I'm online with M$OE, so the network is fine, but Mozilla
>>> Firefox seems to be getting blocked.
>>> I ran HiJackThis, RegMech, SUPERANTISPYWARE, F-Secure Anti-Virus, PC
>>> Pitstop, Trojan Killer, NOTHING.
>>> The problems started with the new upgrade to Firefox.
>>> I'm using WIN XP Sp3.
>>>

>> Since it happened after an upgrade I would suspect a firewall. After an
>> upgrade firewalls usually consider FF a "new" program. You should have
>> been prompted to allow it access to the Internet, but sometimes that
>> doesn't happen with some firewalls.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Mullen
>> http://edmullen.net
>> Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!
>
> Maybe I could enable Firefox in the registry. Any idea what it is listed
> as?

What has that got to do with a firewall being the possible problem? Do
you have a firewall installed? What version of Windows?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Ed Mullen on
Ed Mullen wrote:
> New World Disorder wrote:
>> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message

>>> Since it happened after an upgrade I would suspect a firewall. After an
>>> upgrade firewalls usually consider FF a "new" program. You should have
>>> been prompted to allow it access to the Internet, but sometimes that
>>> doesn't happen with some firewalls.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Mullen
>>> http://edmullen.net
>>> Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!
>>
>> Maybe I could enable Firefox in the registry. Any idea what it is listed
>> as?
>
> What has that got to do with a firewall being the possible problem? Do
> you have a firewall installed? What version of Windows?

Sorry, XP SP3. Check the Windows firewall.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: New World Disorder on

> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> New World Disorder wrote:
>>> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message

>>> Maybe I could enable Firefox in the registry. Any idea what it is listed
>>> as?
>>
>> What has that got to do with a firewall being the possible problem? Do
>> you have a firewall installed? What version of Windows?
>>

> Sorry, XP SP3. Check the Windows firewall.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> How can you tell when the blue cheese goes bad?

I went back to IE. Mozilla's for imbeciles.

From: Ed Mullen on
New World Disorder wrote:
> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message
>> Ed Mullen wrote:

>>> What has that got to do with a firewall being the possible problem? Do
>>> you have a firewall installed? What version of Windows?
>>>

>> Sorry, XP SP3. Check the Windows firewall.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Mullen
>> http://edmullen.net
>> How can you tell when the blue cheese goes bad?
>
> I went back to IE. Mozilla's for imbeciles.

And that reply told me nothng worth hearing.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Justin on
New World Disorder wrote on [Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:55:36 -0700]:

> I went back to IE. Mozilla's for imbeciles.

Yet those imbeciles are able to get it to work just fine.
Says more about you than it does anyone else.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: T'bird 3 queries
Next: new version - same problem