From: New World Disorder on
No matter what I do, it shows the hourglass then stops.

From: Ed Mullen on
New World Disorder wrote:
> No matter what I do, it shows the hourglass then stops.

Well, you're certainly online to send this group post.

The batteries in my crystal ball died. You're going to have to provide
more info. Like

- what O/S?
- what are you trying to do?
- what /exactly/ is happening?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: New World Disorder on

"Ed Mullen" <ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message
> New World Disorder wrote:
>> No matter what I do, it shows the hourglass then stops.
>
> Well, you're certainly online to send this group post.
>
> The batteries in my crystal ball died. You're going to have to provide
> more info. Like
>
> - what O/S?
> - what are you trying to do?
> - what /exactly/ is happening?
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> When God is amazed, does he say: "Oh my Me!"?

Thanks, Yep, I'm online with M$OE, so the network is fine, but Mozilla
Firefox seems to be getting blocked.
I ran HiJackThis, RegMech, SUPERANTISPYWARE, F-Secure Anti-Virus, PC
Pitstop, Trojan Killer, NOTHING.
The problems started with the new upgrade to Firefox.
I'm using WIN XP Sp3.

From: Ed Mullen on
New World Disorder wrote:
> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message
>> New World Disorder wrote:
>>> No matter what I do, it shows the hourglass then stops.
>>
>> Well, you're certainly online to send this group post.
>>
>> The batteries in my crystal ball died. You're going to have to provide
>> more info. Like
>>
>> - what O/S?
>> - what are you trying to do?
>> - what /exactly/ is happening?
>>
>> --
>> Ed Mullen
>> http://edmullen.net
>> When God is amazed, does he say: "Oh my Me!"?
>
> Thanks, Yep, I'm online with M$OE, so the network is fine, but Mozilla
> Firefox seems to be getting blocked.
> I ran HiJackThis, RegMech, SUPERANTISPYWARE, F-Secure Anti-Virus, PC
> Pitstop, Trojan Killer, NOTHING.
> The problems started with the new upgrade to Firefox.
> I'm using WIN XP Sp3.

Since it happened after an upgrade I would suspect a firewall. After an
upgrade firewalls usually consider FF a "new" program. You should have
been prompted to allow it access to the Internet, but sometimes that
doesn't happen with some firewalls.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: New World Disorder on

> New World Disorder wrote:
>> "Ed Mullen"<ed(a)edmullen.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Well, you're certainly online to send this group post.
>>>
>>> The batteries in my crystal ball died. You're going to have to provide
>>> more info. Like
>>>
>>> - what O/S?
>>> - what are you trying to do?
>>> - what /exactly/ is happening?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Mullen
>>> http://edmullen.net
>>> When God is amazed, does he say: "Oh my Me!"?
>>
>> Thanks, Yep, I'm online with M$OE, so the network is fine, but Mozilla
>> Firefox seems to be getting blocked.
>> I ran HiJackThis, RegMech, SUPERANTISPYWARE, F-Secure Anti-Virus, PC
>> Pitstop, Trojan Killer, NOTHING.
>> The problems started with the new upgrade to Firefox.
>> I'm using WIN XP Sp3.
>>

> Since it happened after an upgrade I would suspect a firewall. After an
> upgrade firewalls usually consider FF a "new" program. You should have
> been prompted to allow it access to the Internet, but sometimes that
> doesn't happen with some firewalls.
>
> --
> Ed Mullen
> http://edmullen.net
> Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!

Maybe I could enable Firefox in the registry. Any idea what it is listed
as?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: T'bird 3 queries