From: jw on
This desktop sits in a nearby therapy facility for the amusement of
the in-patients. I see that there is a small window in the middle of
the desktop screen that just can't be removed. Or, at least I can't
find out how. The window seems likely to be Google Mail related.

The user doesn't have administrator privileges, and the administrator
login requires a password which no one seems to know.
Thus I can't run msconfig.

Any idea how I can erase it for good?
Thanks
Duke
From: Andrew E. on
R.click on the desktop,properties,desktop,web tab,locate & run the
"desktop clean up wizard".....

From: Richard Urban on
Right click on the desktop. Then click "Refresh"

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <gdklg5lnts7n7cm77mf31oeqa5cm4jslqp(a)4ax.com>, jw(a)eldorado.com
writes:
>This desktop sits in a nearby therapy facility for the amusement of
>the in-patients. I see that there is a small window in the middle of
>the desktop screen that just can't be removed. Or, at least I can't
>find out how. The window seems likely to be Google Mail related.
>
>The user doesn't have administrator privileges, and the administrator
>login requires a password which no one seems to know.
>Thus I can't run msconfig.
>
>Any idea how I can erase it for good?
>Thanks
>Duke
It is definitely a window, is it, not just a small image loaded as a
wallpaper?
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

Get off me, you filthy sofa! (First series, fit the sixth.)
From: jw on
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:59:02 -0800, Andrew E. <eckrichco(a)msn.com>
wrote:

> R.click on the desktop,properties,desktop,web tab,locate & run the
> "desktop clean up wizard".....

Thanks - I did do the 'properties' thing, but I don't remember seeing
the "desktop clean up wizard". I'll look again today, when I
re-visit.

Duke