From: Cabadvantage on
I recently had a corrupted POP address and needed to configure a new address,
same address, different password. However, I had two identical email
addresses within the profile, same password, but deleted them. I cannot now
use the search function for this new email address...It and three other
accounts are utilizing the same pst. file.
From: VanguardLH on
Cabadvantage wrote:

> I recently had a corrupted POP address

[E-mail] addresses do not get corrupt. Files get corrupted. Mailboxes
can get corrupted. An "address" is just a string of characters.

> and needed to configure a new address, same address, different
> password.

So how can a "new" address be the "same" address? It can't. Please
review your posts so someone other than yourself can understand what you
ask versus what you meant to ask.

> However, I had two identical email addresses within the profile, same
> password, but deleted them.

You can have many e-mail *accounts* defined within the same mail
profile. There is no restriction that bars them from all polling the
same e-mail account although it would be rather silly to do so.

> I cannot now use the search function for this new email address

All POP and Exchange accounts are aggregated under one message store.
Each IMAP account gets its own message store. Each HTTP account gets
its own message store. Each message store gets its own .pst file.
Each message store gets its own folder tree list.

When you search, and if you have more than one message store, you
select under which message store to perform the search.

> It and three other accounts are utilizing the same pst. file.

Since you only mentioned have POP *accounts* defined in Outlook, they
are all aggregated under the same message store.