From: Andrew Morton on
Cal Who wrote:
> I believe that it will do no good with out the file, but it is not
> that simple. There was a video that showed how to install the
> software and he made a point of changing that line to insert the
> correct domain and remove the #.
>
> Is an .axd file something I could generate or better, have vs
> generate?

There is no need for it to be a file ending in .axd; there are many examples
of generating sitemaps at
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=asp.net+generate+sitemap

--
Andrew

From: Cal Who on

"Andrew Morton" <akm(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Cal Who wrote:
>> I believe that it will do no good with out the file, but it is not
>> that simple. There was a video that showed how to install the
>> software and he made a point of changing that line to insert the
>> correct domain and remove the #.
>>
>> Is an .axd file something I could generate or better, have vs
>> generate?
>
> There is no need for it to be a file ending in .axd; there are many
> examples of generating sitemaps at
> http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=asp.net+generate+sitemap
>
> --
> Andrew

Thanks for the links. I think I understand now. The author expect that the
user (me) would understand about generating a site map and simply made a
point of showing that the robots file needed to be updated.

Thanks

From: Cal Who on