From: Rick on
Go to control panel, Taskbar and Start Menu,under the tab Toolbars, check off Desktop. It should reappear on the screen. Now you can click and drag it to where you had it before. I also have a help icon that is now present which I am debating deleting. Good luck!

J wrote:

Lost Language bar in toolbar list
19-Nov-07

I accidently delete the additional language (Korean) out of the toolbar in
Task bar menu. Since then language bar never comes back even if I
re-installed the Korean language (Regions and Language Option -> Keyboard and
Languages -> Change Keyboards...). I am using Vista home edition. Can any
body help on this?

On Monday, November 19, 2007 10:44 PM
J wrote:

Lost Language bar in toolbar list
I accidently delete the additional language (Korean) out of the toolbar in
Task bar menu. Since then language bar never comes back even if I
re-installed the Korean language (Regions and Language Option -> Keyboard and
Languages -> Change Keyboards...). I am using Vista home edition. Can any
body help on this?

On Monday, November 19, 2007 10:52 PM
Tom Serface wrote:

Isn't that one of the toolbars if you just right click on the task bar?
Isn't that one of the toolbars if you just right click on the task bar? I
can turn it off and on as needed in the right click menu.

Tom

On Monday, November 19, 2007 10:59 PM
J wrote:

Thank Tom.
Thank Tom.
I tried several times, but there is no 'language' or 'Korean IME' box I can
tick. There used to be there, though. I am frustrated.
JC

"Tom Serface" wrote:

On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:08 AM
Tom Serface wrote:

Re: Lost Language bar in toolbar list
OK, I was able to reproduce what you're seeing. Try this:

1. Go to Control Panel
2. Start Regional and Language Options
3. Go to Keyboards and Languages tab
4. Click on Change Keyboards...
5. Click on Language Bar tab
6. Click on Show additional language bar icons in the taskbar
7. Click Apply
8. If you want the icons off turn them back off, but the original toolbar
should be back

Anyway, if I'm understanding the problem correctly that worked for me...

Tom

"JC" <JC(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:17 AM
J wrote:

Once again thanks for your time for my problem.
Once again thanks for your time for my problem.
In fact I did the same several times in last few days, but it never worked.
What it happened was that after I selected the 'show additional bar' option
(#6 on your list), and clicked Apply and/or OK and then when I returned to
the keyboard and language setting menu again, item #6 is always unchecked.
It was same even after re-booting the PC.
What I realized last night was that IME button was shown on the Welcome
screen (or user log-on screen). But once I log on, this IME button is no
where to find. Of course tool bar in the task bar does not give me anything
to select the language.
Another thing I found was that my Office 2007 program tells me that I can
use both English and Korean in Word, Excel, etc. So somehow 2nd language
has been installed, but the language switch button is hidden in somewhere.
I don't know what to do.....

JC

"Tom Serface" wrote:

On Friday, December 14, 2007 10:02 PM
J wrote:

It never be late on this issue since I still have the problem.
It never be late on this issue since I still have the problem.
I installed several different Asian languages (total 3 plus US key boards
w/US International), but I do not see the icon or button anywhere in my
toolbar, nor in the desktop. Funny thing is though whenever I boot the
computer, I see the button to switch to different language in the Welcome
screen. Once the user log-on page is finished and normal desktop is shown, I
cannot use foreign language at all as there is no button or icon that I can
switch to. I don't know what to do with this. I am just frustrated with my
IME disappeared to nowhere..... If you have any good web site or community
that I can surf, can you please lead me to there?

Thanks.

JC

"langerlanger(a)gmail.com" wrote:

On Saturday, December 15, 2007 3:42 AM
Alex Blekhman wrote:

Re: Lost Language bar in toolbar list
"JC" wrote:

I'm not sure about Vista, but following helped me with XP
once. Run this command (either in command prompt or Run
dialog, it doesn't matter):

regsvr32 msutb.dll

It will re-register the language bar. Also, check that you
have "msutb.dll" file in "%SystemRoot%\system32" folder.

HTH
Alex

On Saturday, December 15, 2007 6:42 AM
langerlange wrote:

This may be well late, but you need to install 'two or more' beforeany icons
This may be well late, but you need to install 'two or more' before
any icons or toolbars will appear anywhere-- 'switching' is their only
purpose(unlike in previous windows). Therefore, with only one
installed, nothing will show, you will have to go into Control Panel--
this happens 'even IF while in there' you select toolbar placement /
show additional icons / etc.

Folks who wish to have the icon / toobar handy in task bar, BUT who do
not necessarily wish to choose another foreign language, can just
choose say, their native language in both their country & US-
International versions(won't lose special / foreign characters... &
since this is the web's lingua franca). For example: Italian-Italy @
Italy....and Italian-Italy @ US-International. I doubt though,
there're many Italians(Europeans, foreigners from anywhere for that
matter) who don't speak 3/4/5/6 languages / dialects.

PS i recommend to all my fellow Americans to utilize Eng-US @ US-
International(instead of plain US for locale)...

HTH

On Tuesday, December 25, 2007 12:30 PM
B wrote:

I had the same problem as JC. Hope someone in Microsoft can help.
I had the same problem as JC. Hope someone in Microsoft can help.

"Alex Blekhman" wrote:

On Wednesday, March 05, 2008 2:48 PM
RichardF wrote:

I too have the problem of the option to turn the language toolbar on or off
I too have the problem of the option to turn the language toolbar on or off
has simply vanished from my Vista instal. I turned it off and now there is
no option when rightclicking on the task bar and selecting Toolbar, to select
it again. How can it just vanish like that?

"Alex Blekhman" wrote:

On Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:13 PM
samsy wrote:

im using toshiba satellite notebook, came with vista home premium
im using toshiba satellite notebook, came with vista home premium
pre-installed, i lost language bar right after updating sp1, i sent email to
ms support, i received reply: hi my name is such and such, and am gonna help
you with ur inquiry, ur vista was pre-installed on ur notebook by toshiba, so
go to toshiba and get the hell out my face..i contacted toshiba for the same
problem, i got a response: hi, we got nothing to do with vista problems, go
to ms coz they produced it not us, we hope we wer good enough in helping you.
thnx
my problem is still not fixed..i've been everywhere on the net but cant find
any answer.

"RichardFH" wrote:

On Saturday, May 24, 2008 7:18 PM
kelkysayshe wrote:

I'm having the same problem as JC.
I'm having the same problem as JC. I ran the command and checked to make sure
that I have the folder (I do) and I still have no language bar. What do I
have to do to fix this?

"Alex Blekhman" wrote:

On Sunday, June 15, 2008 4:48 PM
A wrote:

JC,I have the same problem in Vista Home Premium edition.
JC,

I have the same problem in Vista Home Premium edition. Have you found a
solution after so long time

AL

"JC" wrote:

On Friday, June 27, 2008 9:51 AM
RdRnn wrote:

I have the exact same problem.
I have the exact same problem. My language bar was there one day and gone
the next with no clue as to what happened to it. I tried everything as well
with no luck. It's just weird that the language bar is on the welcome screen
and not the desktop. I think some of the security updates that were
automatically installed messed it up. I tried using system restore to back
when I knew it worked but that didn't help. Tried creating another profile
to see if it was something I messed up on mine. But it didn't work on the
new profile either. Microsoft needs to do something. There are a lot of
posts on this subject.

"AL" wrote:

Parallel Programming in C# 4.0: A Short Synopsis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/047afdf6-61ab-4b85-9204-b0f20bdc955a/parallel-programming-in-c.aspx