From: Tiken Heirangkhongjam on

Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <1159936143.064656.314100(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "Tiken Heirangkhongjam" <tiken.h(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can you plz specify the link where I can get a copy of the source code
> > for the Linux traceroute.
>
> Linux comes with full source code, doesn't it? It should be in there.
>
> --
> Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
> Arlington, MA

Hi again!!!

I m able to compile the original code by VJ.. Actually I included my
own file.namely
reference:: http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~jrb/tcpip/misc.src/traceroute.c

#include "ip_var.h"
#include "udp.h"
#include "udp_var.h"

But then the problem is....

I m not getting any kind of error but ... when I run the code, the
output is what I did not expected. ie

whenever I do a "traceroute" to any system in my LAN, it shows time
out..

1 * * *
2 * * *
3 * * *

and so on...

Can anyone suggest me in this regard why the program is not giving the
proper output.

regards,
tiken

From: Doug McIntyre on
"Tiken Heirangkhongjam" <tiken.h(a)gmail.com> writes:
>I m able to compile the original code by VJ.. Actually I included my
>own file.namely

>But then the problem is....

>I m not getting any kind of error but ... when I run the code, the
>output is what I did not expected. ie
>Can anyone suggest me in this regard why the program is not giving the
>proper output.

Are you running the program as root, or setuid root?

traceroute needs access to root privledges in order to function.

From: Tiken Heirangkhongjam on

Doug McIntyre wrote:
> "Tiken Heirangkhongjam" <tiken.h(a)gmail.com> writes:
> >I m able to compile the original code by VJ.. Actually I included my
> >own file.namely
>
> >But then the problem is....
>
> >I m not getting any kind of error but ... when I run the code, the
> >output is what I did not expected. ie
> >Can anyone suggest me in this regard why the program is not giving the
> >proper output.
>

> Are you running the program as root, or setuid root?
>
> traceroute needs access to root privledges in order to function.

yes, I m running the program as root.
The problem I m facing is that
the function wait_for_reply(sock,from) returns 0 everytime
ie a time out indication.. I even tried to increase the waittime but
could not help.

I think thers some trouble in the "select()" call because I m getting
the Socket descriptors value...

Can anyone put some pointers in this regard.

tiken

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: sed
Next: System resource information on HP-UX