From: Andres Monsanto on
Hi guys,

I'm the owner of Summit Technology Innovations, a startup from Mexico.
I need someone that can make a web portal that communicates with a
Google Spreadsheet as a DB.

Thanks
From: Luuk on
Op 02-08-10 19:05, Andres Monsanto schreef:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm the owner of Summit Technology Innovations, a startup from Mexico.
> I need someone that can make a web portal that communicates with a
> Google Spreadsheet as a DB.
>
> Thanks

wow, that would be a 'technology innovation'....
if you can get that done....

;-)

--
Luuk
From: Sherm Pendley on
Andres Monsanto <andres.monsanto(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I'm the owner of Summit Technology Innovations, a startup from Mexico.
> I need someone that can make a web portal that communicates with a
> Google Spreadsheet as a DB.

I'm a programmer, but I need a boss who's smart enough to find the
jobs groups.

sherm--

--
Sherm Pendley <www.shermpendley.com>
<www.camelbones.org>
From: markspace on
Luuk wrote:
> Op 02-08-10 19:05, Andres Monsanto schreef:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm the owner of Summit Technology Innovations, a startup from Mexico.
>> I need someone that can make a web portal that communicates with a
>> Google Spreadsheet as a DB.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> wow, that would be a 'technology innovation'....
> if you can get that done....

Yeah, if only someone had coded this up already.

<http://code.google.com/apis/spreadsheets/data/3.0/developers_guide_protocol.html#TableFeeds>

The big problem here is "Mexico." International payments are a big
pain. I won't do them. It would be fine for someone in Mexico already
but a developer in any other country is going to take a big risk.

Basically, in international banking, even after a payment is received it
can be "taken back" if there's any problem with any bank involved in the
transaction. There's almost no time limit to that "take back" period
either, even after six months or more it's possible to have a payment
reversed, iiuc.

From: Roedy Green on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:05:31 -0700 (PDT), Andres Monsanto
<andres.monsanto(a)gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
who said :

>I'm the owner of Summit Technology Innovations, a startup from Mexico.
>I need someone that can make a web portal that communicates with a
>Google Spreadsheet as a DB.

You might want to have a look at Athena Integer. It lets you display
and update a spreadsheet from many clients simultaneously over the
web.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

You encapsulate not just to save typing, but more importantly, to make it easy and safe to change the code later, since you then need change the logic in only one place. Without it, you might fail to change the logic in all the places it occurs.