From: Becka Terry on
Okay i just recently bought a use laptop. I've only had it for a month at the
most and well its doing something i've never seen before and i would really
like to know why this would be happening.

I recently discoverd that when the laptop has been on for more then 2 hours
that it will seize up and the only way you can get it to finish loading or
thinking is to tip it sideways. At first i thought maybe it was because it
got hot or something. But then i realized it wouldnt overheat with both the
fans still working perfectly.

So if anyone knows why i would have to turn it sideways for it to load. I
would really like to know. Thanks!
From: T Shadow on
"Becka Terry" <BeckaTerry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay i just recently bought a use laptop. I've only had it for a month at
> the
> most and well its doing something i've never seen before and i would
> really
> like to know why this would be happening.
>
> I recently discoverd that when the laptop has been on for more then 2
> hours
> that it will seize up and the only way you can get it to finish loading or
> thinking is to tip it sideways. At first i thought maybe it was because it
> got hot or something. But then i realized it wouldnt overheat with both
> the
> fans still working perfectly.
>
> So if anyone knows why i would have to turn it sideways for it to load. I
> would really like to know. Thanks!

Air flow is a good thing but it doesn't, in its self, mean the heat is being
extracted. Dirt inside could be keeping the heat from being transfered to
the air. Compressed air may help or if you get a lot of crud, let you know
that dissassembly is needed. No clue about tipping unless it increases air
flow. How long does it have to be tipped? If you set the laptop on
something(s) to let more air circulate under it, does it help?

A new car is used as soon as it touches the street. IOW, how old is it?

From: T Shadow on
"T Shadow" <None(a)void.com> wrote in message
> "Becka Terry" <BeckaTerry(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Okay i just recently bought a use laptop. I've only had it for a month at
>> the
>> most and well its doing something i've never seen before and i would
>> really
>> like to know why this would be happening.
>>
>> I recently discoverd that when the laptop has been on for more then 2
>> hours
>> that it will seize up and the only way you can get it to finish loading
>> or
>> thinking is to tip it sideways. At first i thought maybe it was because
>> it
>> got hot or something. But then i realized it wouldnt overheat with both
>> the
>> fans still working perfectly.
>>
>> So if anyone knows why i would have to turn it sideways for it to load. I
>> would really like to know. Thanks!
>
> Air flow is a good thing but it doesn't, in its self, mean the heat is
> being extracted. Dirt inside could be keeping the heat from being
> transfered to the air. Compressed air may help or if you get a lot of
> crud, let you know that dissassembly is needed. No clue about tipping
> unless it increases air flow. How long does it have to be tipped? If you
> set the laptop on something(s) to let more air circulate under it, does it
> help?
>
> A new car is used as soon as it touches the street. IOW, how old is it?

Another thought. If the previous invironment was something like doing
import/export of data on a CNC machine the interior could be coated with
somthing that wouldn't blow out.