From: CB on
Dear All,

I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using
EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
Thanks in Advance.
CB

From: Paul on
CB wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
> work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using
> EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
> Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
> But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
> Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
> connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
> Thanks in Advance.
> CB

Can you purchase a PCI card with parallel port connector on it ?

http://www.lavalink.com/dev/index.php?id=69

http://www.lavalink.com/dev/fileadmin/specsheets/parallel_pci_spec.pdf

http://www.lavalink.com/dev/fileadmin/pdf/Operating_system_support.pdf

More examples here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010010073+1187112435&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Subcategory=73

Paul
From: Victor Willy Garcia on
On 5/19/2010 03:31, CB wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
> work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using
> EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
> Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
> But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
> Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
> connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
> Thanks in Advance.
> CB
Several options:

1.- Return IBM PC and get one that have Parallel port.
2.- Get a parallel card adapter, like this one:
http://www.serialgear.com/1-Port-LPT-PCI.html

3.- Get a software re-director, like this one:
http://www.dosprn.com/
Note, software solutions may NOT work in all computers/applications.
From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"CB" <clairebennet1974(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
> work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are
> using
> EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
> Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working
> fine.
> But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
> Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
> connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
> Thanks in Advance.
> CB

Try this:
- Share your existing printer, e.g. as "USB Printer"
- Type this command in a Command Prompt:
net use LPT1: "\\%ComputerName%\USB Printer"

By the way, cross-posting is a good thing but only when done in moderation.
Your question has nothing to do with firewalls, ipsec or basics - the other
newsgroups you used are more than adequate.