From: CB on
Thanks That is working with network. when I remove the network cable it is
not working. this machine is standalone pc. I cant connect this pc to net
work any help with this?
Thanks in advance
CB

From: 3c273 on
Make or buy a loopback plug and your machine will think it is on a network.
Instructions to make one here:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/nog-interfaces/fe-ge-loopback-creating.html#id-11866686
or buy one here:
http://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=12156
Louis

From: Calvin on
You may try to look for converter for Parallel port to USB port. If you got
networking system just get a "print server" a device convert the parallel
port to RJ-45 which allow you connect to HUB or SWITCH.

From: boatman312 on
On 05/25/10 9:14 AM, Calvin wrote:

> You may try to look for converter for Parallel port to USB port. If you got
> networking system just get a "print server" a device convert the parallel
> port to RJ-45 which allow you connect to HUB or SWITCH.
>
> "CB" wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
>> work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using
>> EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
>> Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
>> But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
>> Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
>> connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
>> Thanks in Advance.
>> CB

The computer doesn't have an open PCI bus????

You can buy a parallel-port card for under $20. More likely to work
than a USB adapter.
From: CB on
Thank you
This works this is the perfect answer to my question

thank you again