From: scout ron scout on
I was working on my scouts accounts file which previously I have no problems
with then on completion of some addittions I asked it to be saved.BUT it kept
saying sheet is protected and I cannot alter it.
This is hppening a lot recently and as far as I am aware I have not asked
for protection on any of my workshets in my Microsot progs ie Word or excell
From: Gord Dibben on
There are 3 types of protection on an Excel file(4 if you count VBA Project
protection which we can ignore at this point).

1. File to open protection which requires a password to open and/or modify
the file.

2. Workbook structure and windows protection which prevents adding or
deleting worksheets and other stuff.

3. Worksheet protection which prevents making changes to locked cells and
restricts many other functions.

Also.........if workbook is opened "read-only" it cannot be saved after
alterations.

Investigate each of thses to see which is preventing you from progessing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 May 2010 04:03:01 -0700, scout ron <scout
ron(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I was working on my scouts accounts file which previously I have no problems
>with then on completion of some addittions I asked it to be saved.BUT it kept
>saying sheet is protected and I cannot alter it.
>This is hppening a lot recently and as far as I am aware I have not asked
>for protection on any of my workshets in my Microsot progs ie Word or excell

Pages: 1
Prev: INDIRECT
Next: Argument description