From: Andrew Mackenzie on
I would be grateful for any halp with this.

I am trying to reference a cell in a different workbook using the INDIRECT
function but I am returning #REF. This is the formula I am using :

='S:\Regular Procedural Reports - Test Folder AM\Credit Database 2010
version\[indirect(+M16).xls]rPortfolioAnalysis'!$S$66

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks,

Andrew

From: Dave Peterson on

The function you'd want to use is =indirect().

But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/
or
http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help you.

===
If you have trouble getting to the site, then search google for indirect.ext.

I found this alternative site:
http://download.cnet.com/Morefunc/3000-2077_4-10423159.html

I didn't look to see if it was the most current version.

I'd check the original site every so often to see if it's working.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Bob Phillips on
The format would be

=INDIRECT("'S:\Regular Procedural Reports - Test Folder AM\Credit Database
2010 version\["&M16&").xls]rPortfolioAnalysis'!$S$66"

but you cannot use INDIRECT on a closed workbook

--

HTH

Bob

From: Tom-S on
Try:

=INDIRECT("'S:\Regular Procedural Reports - Test Folder AM\Credit Database
2010 version\[(+M16).xls]rPortfolioAnalysis'!$S$66")

Regards,

Tom