From: Ashraf C.H. Ashraf C.H. on
I would like to compare two different coloumn particular text then count total
example:
A1= "IN" , D1= "RES"
A2= "FI" , D2= "SBK"
A3= "IN", D3="RES"

i would like to compare above coloumn i.e. how many "in" = RES, how many
"FI"= sbk
please help me
From: Duke Carey on
Hi - try:

=sumproduct(--(A1:A100="IN"),--(B1:B100="RES"))

You could also generate a pivot table out of your columns taht would count
all the combiantions of values

From: Eduardo on
Hi,

=sumproduct((A1:A10="IN")*(D1:D10="RES"))

From: Dave Peterson on
And if you're using xl2007, then you could look at =countifs()

--

Dave Peterson