From: aaahew on
In XP etc if you wanted to preview a file content without opening it you
highlighted the file and and you then had an option that said 'preview' which
then showed you the file content at the right hand side but I can't seem to
find this on Word 2007 (Vista), can anyone help? Thanks
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <50C1EB1C-F1AA-4C41-ABD9-AF20BEDBBB1F(a)microsoft.com>, Aaahew wrote:
> In XP etc if you wanted to preview a file content without opening it you
> highlighted the file and and you then had an option that said 'preview' which
> then showed you the file content at the right hand side but I can't seem to
> find this on Word 2007 (Vista), can anyone help? Thanks

On the right side of the Open dialog box, at the top, just under the ? and X
buttons, there's a button with a down arrow next to it.

Click the down arrow, choose Preview.

Or press ALT + 5 to cycle through the available views.