From: kurdi on
There are many free programs out there to extract icon resources from
files, including dlls, but does anybody know how to do the opposite
(i.e. pack a number of ICO or PNG files into a dll)?

I did some research on this but did not find anything. I figured
someone here will know.

Thanks a bunch!

--
Visit my freeware blog: www.freewaregenius.com

From: Thorsten Duhn on
Hello,

> There are many free programs out there to extract icon resources
> from files, including dlls, but does anybody know how to do the
> opposite (i.e. pack a number of ICO or PNG files into a dll)?
>
> I did some research on this but did not find anything. I figured
> someone here will know.

not exactly what you're looking for, "@icon sushi" is able to
create and manage .icl icon collections:

http://www.towofu.net/soft/e-aicon.php

But I'm also interested in what you're searching.

Regards,
Thorsten
--
connect thorsten.duhn(a)editorial.de
load http://www.editorial.de
From: Brian (Groups) on

kurdi wrote:
> There are many free programs out there to extract icon resources from
> files, including dlls, but does anybody know how to do the opposite
> (i.e. pack a number of ICO or PNG files into a dll)?
>
> I did some research on this but did not find anything. I figured
> someone here will know.
>
> Thanks a bunch!

You really need something that can complie a resource file into a .DLL.
Many free compilers could do it for you, but it's probably overkill to
achieve just that one task.

But I did find BeCyIconGrabber (freeware) at
http://www.becyhome.de/becyicongrabber/description_eng.htm which might
do the job for you:

"Individual images can be exported to ICO, CUR, BMP and PNG files.
Multiple symbols can be saved as resource libraries, i.e. DLL or ICL
files. "

HTH
Brian

From: kurdi on
Brian
BeCyIconGrabber does the job beautifully. Exactly what I needed!

From: Thorsten Duhn on
Hello,

> But I did find BeCyIconGrabber (freeware) at
> http://www.becyhome.de/becyicongrabber/description_eng.htm
> which might do the job for you:

this is nice. And I found now, that such DLL are great to be
altered with Resource Hacker to also include images and stuff.

http://angusj.com/resourcehacker/

Regards,
Thorsten