From: tf76 on
Try shellexview

When you install some programs, they don't tell you that they are also
installing shell extension components. Basically these are the options
that come up when you right click a file or folder on your system. Now
you can control which ones you want enabled or removed. Clean up the
clutter

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

I use it

tf76
http://www.topfreeware.net
Best Freeware Downloads and tips to optimize your system
Member of The Freeware Revolution

From: Zo on
> I am trying to get a copy of a freeware program called ShellNewARE and
> all the links to obtain it seem to be dead. If someone could point me
> to a source for the program, it would be appreciated.

Try here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030804232629/members.lycos.co.uk/mwcstudio/

--
Zo

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.
- Dave Edison

From: Zo on
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:58:58 -0500, Zo <zo(a)homenet.net> wrote:
>
>>> I am trying to get a copy of a freeware program called ShellNewARE and
>>> all the links to obtain it seem to be dead. If someone could point me
>>> to a source for the program, it would be appreciated.
>>
>> Try here:
>>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20030804232629/members.lycos.co.uk/mwcstudio/
>
> I downloaded the program, but it was named Shellnew.exe not
> ShellNewARE. When I tried to run it, it said it was corrupted. I read
> about ShellNewARE somewhere, but can't recall where it was at the
> moment.

Shellnew.exe is the name of the file for the program ShellNewAre,
Unfortunately, when you go through the Wayback Machine Archives you
sometime get a corrupted file. By knowing the name of the file, I did
a Google search and came upon this link from a forum group and I am
copying the exact response to someone's inquiry:

"To modify the New menu, there is the Shellnew utility which is very
practical and avoids going in the register:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/shellnew.exe

Once installed, on D?marrer >> programs >> ShellNewARE clicks >>
ShellNew.

To add menus, bellow of the window, in front of Add, types the
extension of the type of file to add. Then, clicks on Add.

The extension was added in the list. Notch it then clicks on small
Action > Edit. In Name, the name types which you want to give to the
menu. Then, clicks on Save."

From what I read, the program is made for XP and me being a Win98SE
user, I'm hesitant in attempting to install in on my machine. I hope
this one is a good copy

--
Zo

If you lend someone $20,
and never see them again ..
it was probably worth it

From: Zo on
> Shellnew.exe is the name of the file for the program ShellNewAre,
> Unfortunately, when you go through the Wayback Machine Archives you sometime
> get a corrupted file. By knowing the name of the file, I did a Google search
> and came upon this link from a forum group and I am copying the exact
> response to someone's inquiry:
>
> "To modify the New menu, there is the Shellnew utility which is very
> practical and avoids going in the register:
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/shellnew.exe

For any who are interested, the following is the home site for the
above link. There is quite a listing of tips and tweaks for XP here.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/tweaks_and_tips_from_kelly.htm

--
Zo

"Dog for sale: eats anything and is fond of children."