From: Rolf on
Hi Gang,
I wonder is there a program around where you
can print 1 or 2 labels at a time from a sheet of
labels.

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

--

All the best, Rolf

From: James UK on
Rolf leapt out of the bath and screamed "EUREKA!" before typing in alt.comp.freeware:

> Hi Gang,
> I wonder is there a program around where you
> can print 1 or 2 labels at a time from a sheet of
> labels.
>
> Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Not a program, but this is a piece of code you can use, if you are using an Access database;

"How to skip used mailing labels and print duplicates in Access 2002"

/quote

"SUMMARY
This article describes how to print multiple copies of the same mailing label, and how to use a partially
used page where only some of the labels are available."

/endquote

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299024

--
HTH

Regards

James UK
See http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
for recommended Freeware software.
From: Paul Lutus on
Rolf wrote:

> Hi Gang,
> I wonder is there a program around where you
> can print 1 or 2 labels at a time from a sheet of
> labels.

How about this. Get a program, like virtually any word processor that knows
about sheets of labels, and put text data only into the labels you want to
print.

This could easily be automated, for those word processors that convert
database-style input to positions on a grid.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com
From: Ron May on
On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:44:31 +1300, "Rolf" <fastprin(a)wave.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi Gang,
> I wonder is there a program around where you
> can print 1 or 2 labels at a time from a sheet of
> labels.
>
> Thanks a lot for any pointers.

Open Office (Writer) can print "single" labels.

File > New > Labels, "Options" Tab. Pick column and row.

(Of course you have to set your label type, e.g. "Avery Letter Size,"
"8160 Ink Jet Address" and input your text, both under the "Labels"
tab. If you need custom sizes other than the availabe templates, you
can do that under the "Format" tab.)

[OT]
M$ Office and other word processors can also do this if you already
have them installed on your system and don't have Open Office.
[/OT]

--
Ron M.
From: Smeagol on

"Rolf" <fastprin(a)wave.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi Gang,
> I wonder is there a program around where you
> can print 1 or 2 labels at a time from a sheet of
> labels.

Lazalabel. Used it for years - perfect for what you want. Download it
here -

http://www.sover.net/~wysiwygx/Text.html

a long way down under L - don't be put off by the name of the site -
perfectly safe.

Dave