From: chuck on
My mighty backup PC, Asus MB 2.66 Pent 4 running XP Pro
has died. All of a sudden, as in overnight, it will not
boot from a HD.

Will boot from floppy and from CD just fine.

Try boot from HD and I get NTLDR not found, I get
Boot Image not found, or it just recycles to try to
reboot (unsuccessfully). Never actually boots.

I have flashed bios, replaced the IDE cable, tried
different HDs.

btw - all HDs boot successfully in a different pc.

What might this be? A bad HD controller on the MoBo??

thanks

chuck
From: Twayne on
In news:OUG96817KHA.2248(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
chuck <cciafNOSPAMfone(a)verizonNOSPAMk.net> typed:

From: Bob I on
Did you try switching IDE headers on the motherboard?