From: L.S. on
Winxp(home), zone alarm, AVG AV, wireless card.
Here's the situation.
Replaced HD and have reloaded most programs we need.want.
When I open IE 7.x the first screen of any site opens up fast. When we click
on a link within 'most' web sites, it takes forever, if at all, to open.

Haven't run into this but I'm assuming it's a setting but not sure where to
look!!?

Help please,

L.

From: L.S. on
Found the problem, I think. It's an Add-On.
I started IE with add-ons disabled and it seems to be working fine.
???- is there any one add-on I should look at first?

From: Peter Foldes on
LS

Add them 9 Add Ons) back one by one until you find the culprit that is causing your
issue. I would suspect ZA . Even if it is not ZA ,I would still remove that and use
something different. Windows Firewall set up correctly will do the job just as good
if not better

--
Peter

From: L.S. on
Thanks, will give it try.
Did find that I needed to update my wireless card, Netgear 311v2. Seems
this(slowness) happened after I did all updates to WinXP. May just be a
coincidence.
Like I stated it's strange that it just happens after I'm on a site and
click a link to follow a story, etc.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and
seek support in IE General newsgroup:

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

In your newsreader: