From: bandi on
Is there any way to uninstall Internet Explorer 8? (If so what do I replace
it with?) It's impossible to download the Screensaver software from
Webshots because of SOME setting in IE8 and the only thing I know to do is
to uninstall. I keep getting messages that the problem is with the Internet
Explorer so don't think it's a firewall or anti-virus program. Help!

From: Leonard Grey on
You're certain that Internet Explorer 8 is causing your problem...or
just guessing?

Maybe you should ask Webshots technical support for help?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: bandi on
No, I'm sure it's Internet Explorer. I've had error messages that mention
IE. I must have something checked that shouldn't be in Internet Options.
The tech support for Webshots isn't much help. Been there many times.

From: Leonard Grey on
What do these error messages say, exactly?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <OxKptO0fKHA.4528(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, bandi
<mnkwms(a)charter.net> writes:
>Is there any way to uninstall Internet Explorer 8? (If so what do I replace
>it with?) It's impossible to download the Screensaver software from
>Webshots because of SOME setting in IE8 and the only thing I know to do is
>to uninstall. I keep getting messages that the problem is with the Internet
>Explorer so don't think it's a firewall or anti-virus program. Help!

I don't know about _removing_ it, but you could install another browser
(Firefox is popular). Most browsers, including IE itself and Firefox,
notice when you run them that they are not the default browser, and
offer to make themselves the default. Once you've done that, go to the
page you're trying to download from, but using the other browser.

(The people who made 98lite had a standalone utility called IEradicator,
which did just that - but I've no idea whether it works with [a]
versions of IE later than about 5 [b] XP at all.)
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the God who endowed me with sense,
reason, and intellect intends me to forego their use". - Gallileo Gallilei