From: Leonard Grey on
Whether or not you think it's "stupid and unnecessary" is irrelevent --
that's how Windows XP was designed. If you try to break Windows, you
will suffer the consequences.

If you are driven INSANE by something as miniscule as the user account
structure in an operating system, you really need to get out more.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est