From: Brad on
I have a few PCs that exhibit the following behaviour. Navigate via My
Computer to any .zip file, double click on file and get the following
message...

This page has an unspecified potential security flaw. Would you like
to continue?

The tilte bar for this prompt is Internet Explorer.

Clcking Ok allows opening of the zip file.

Now, if I use the search function to look for zip files, double
clicking any zip file inth esearch results opens the file properly.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Brad
From: criscar on
Cut and paste this into notepad. save it with any name, and an extension .vbs
This will run the installer for IE. May ask you for your WinXP disc, or
location of install files. If you don't want to do this. You can run winxp
install, and do a repair install.

WshShell.Run ("rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132
%windir%\Inf\ie.inf")

From: Brad on
Thanks, that is an option, but still curious to know what is going on
in the background.