From: Andy on
ISTR there is a way to change the line length in XP's "DOS box" (or
more correctly the line command interface in XP got from running "CMD".

How do I change the line length and/or get lines to wrap.
From: Ayush on
Open CMD, right click its button in taskbar or right click its title bar > Choose
Properties > Reduce the Screen Buffer Size width.

Screen Buffer size should be equal or similar to Window Size : Width (Available at
the layout tab there )

--
> Ayush [ Be ''?'' Happy ]

For any query, search > www.Google.com
Want to know about a term > http://en.wikipedia.org

Replied To :

"Andy" <nomail(a)nomail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9866B4D8D1B9674C1H4(a)127.0.0.1...
: ISTR there is a way to change the line length in XP's "DOS box" (or
: more correctly the line command interface in XP got from running "CMD".
:
: How do I change the line length and/or get lines to wrap.

From: Andy on
Is there a way to do this with a line command which I can insert into a
batch file?

From: Pegasus (MVP) on

"Andy" <nomail(a)nomail.com> wrote in message
> ISTR there is a way to change the line length in XP's "DOS box" (or
> more correctly the line command interface in XP got from running "CMD".
>
> How do I change the line length and/or get lines to wrap.

mode con lines=50 cols=100

From: Andy on

On 24 Oct 2006, Pegasus (MVP) <I.can(a)fly.com> wrote:

> mode con lines=50 cols=100

That works well when I key it to an open command line box but it fails
when I use it in a batch command.
MODE CON LINES=50 COLS=100

Here is the full batch file text (which has no line breaks in the
version I am testing):