From: Robb Gilmore on
Hello,

We use Sharepoint as our IntraNet. There are many offices docs stored there
for sharedc access. I recently moved to a new PC, and on this new machine,
IE crashes any time I attempt to open an office doc through shrepoint.

This crash gives the following message:
"An unhandled win32 exception occurred in IEXPLORE.exe [904]"

The error number 904 is not always the same. This occurs if I click on a
document link to open it, or drop down the menu and select "Edit in ..". It
does NOT occur if I drag the link from Sharepoint to my desktop, and then
open the document from that shortcut. That has been my work-around, but it
isn't very convenient at all.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I have 2 other PC's which seem to be at
the same IE version and neither of them have this problem.

thanks
Robb
From: Mark on
re install the office service pack for the version of office that your
using. If you have newer versions of office for programs like project, but a
previous version for word etc, install the older service pack

From: Robb Gilmore on
Thanks Mark. I tried to re-install SP2 for office 2003, but it tells me the
update is already installed, with no option to install it anyway.

Any other suggestions?

thanks
Robb

From: Swastik Chandra Swastik on
Hey Robb,
I am getting the same error IN IE, when trying to open
office documents. I did get a resolution for this problem. You need to signin
as site administrator on the machine which seems to have the problem. and
then signin as the user again. However this dosen't seem to work on all the
machines affected.

If you get around some resolution. please do let us know.

From: Robb Gilmore on
Thanks, but that did not work either. The IE crash occurred when I was
logged on as the sharepoint admin on my PC.

Anyone have any other ideas? I called MS and paid $245 for support, but
that ws 11 days ago and I have still not received a call back!!

thanks,
-Robb