From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

> ...but the above KB931125 failed yet again

Did you mean KB982632?

it)?

Did you ever/recently have occasion to do a Repair Install of WinXP for some
reason?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download details: Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for
Windows XP (KB982632):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=335c7e59-fdd6-41b9-b637-d6dd38a57349

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Bucky Breeder wrote:
>> Running WinXP SP2 or SP3?
>>
>>> ...but the above [KB982632] failed yet again
>>
>> Did you mean KB982632?
>
> Yeah... good catch, congratulations on that... and it
> looks *so* much more academic when it's pulled out of
> context and top-posted... way to go... yer mama must be very [sic]
<SNIP>

<plonk>
From: Bucky Breeder on
Bucky Breeder

> IE8 Compatibility View List KB982632
>
> Earlier this AM, checked Microsoft Updates, bon per adventure.
>
> 2 were available :
>
> Update for Root Certificates [May 2010] (KB931125)
>
> D/L'ed and installed OK...
>
> Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows XP
> (KB982632)
>
> Installation Failure ; Error Code: 0x8007F0DA
>
> Already followed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958050 - no joy.
>
> [...]

Got it resolved! And easily too.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*, "that"
is NOT a Jedi Light-Sabre in my pocket; and