From: Compliment on
My M-I-L's computer (XP Service Pack 3, Media Center) acquired
Trojan.Fraudpack and we've run MalwareBytes, MSRT, CCleaner, restored to an
earlier date, deleted pre-fetch files, etc. but when she tries to run Windows
Update from IE8, she gets the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage /
What you can try / Diagnosis Problem... She can get to any other Microsoft
webpage we've tried. I've ensured the URL produced from the Tools/Windoes
Update is correct. I have a strong hutch that it's a registry setting. I'm
frustrated and just about Googled...I mean, Bing'd out.

Thanks in advance for your help.