From: Henry on
I'm running a Dell 2.8GHz, 3G RAM, WinXP Pro SP2

I just upgraded to IE8 from IE6. I can't telnet from IE8. Does
anyone have a solution.

Thanks

Henry wa0goz(a)arrl.net
From: philo on
Henry wrote:
> I'm running a Dell 2.8GHz, 3G RAM, WinXP Pro SP2
>
> I just upgraded to IE8 from IE6. I can't telnet from IE8. Does anyone
> have a solution.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry wa0goz(a)arrl.net

IE8 is a browser

It has nothing to do with telent
From: Henry on
philo wrote:
> Henry wrote:
>
>> I'm running a Dell 2.8GHz, 3G RAM, WinXP Pro SP2
>>
>> I just upgraded to IE8 from IE6. I can't telnet from IE8. Does
>> anyone have a solution.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Henry wa0goz(a)arrl.net
>

> IE8 is a browser
>

> It has nothing to do with telent

Wrong. IE6 could telnet. Microsoft disabled it in IE7 and IE8 for
some reason. There are solutions for enabling it in IE7 and Vista if
you google for them. I need it for IE8.
From: philo on
Henry wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> Henry wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running a Dell 2.8GHz, 3G RAM, WinXP Pro SP2
>>>
>>> I just upgraded to IE8 from IE6. I can't telnet from IE8. Does
>>> anyone have a solution.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Henry wa0goz(a)arrl.net
>>

>> IE8 is a browser
>>

>> It has nothing to do with telent
>
> Wrong. IE6 could telnet. Microsoft disabled it in IE7 and IE8 for some
> reason. There are solutions for enabling it in IE7 and Vista if you
> google for them. I need it for IE8.

OK

I see what you are trying to do now

this link may help

http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/361650-using-telnet-ie-browser-7-0-8-0-a.html
From: Henry on
philo wrote:

> Henry wrote:
>
>> philo wrote:

>>> IE8 is a browser
>>>

>>> It has nothing to do with telent
>>

>> Wrong. IE6 could telnet. Microsoft disabled it in IE7 and IE8 for
>> some reason. There are solutions for enabling it in IE7 and Vista if
>> you google for them. I need it for IE8.
>

> OK
>
> I see what you are trying to do now
>
> this link may help
>

> http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/361650-using-telnet-ie-browser-7-0-8-0-a.html

I found that site, but if you look it's for IE7 and/or Vista. For
example this fix:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_DISABLE_TELNE T_PROTOCOL

DWORD Name = iexplore.exe
DWORD Valure = 0(Zero)

doesn't work because in IE8 there is no FEATURE_DISABLE_TELNET_PROTOCOL

There are other FEATURE_DISABLE_'s but not one for telnet.

Henry