From: Betty K on
I so much appreciate having this type of help available as I struggle to
learn more about formulas. Thank you to all.

Now, in Excel 2007, I have column U that returns a number, but in some cases
returns a "NA" (for "not applicable"). I need to add columns U+V+W+X, but
need to have the formula ignore the "NA" and just add V+W+X in those rows
where it appears.
From: T. Valko on
Use the SUM function, it will ignore text entries:

=SUM(U1:X1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP