From: Mike Green on
Hi

I have a problem running an asp.net v1 website on a fresh install of Windows
Server 2003 Standard. I have installed IIS and allowed "ASP.Net" Web Service
Extensions.

However, I just can not get my ASP.Net websites to run on a new virtual
directory.

I can get the website to run under the default website route, no problem.
But whenever I create a new virtual directory, with Read access etc. I
always get "The page cannot be found" 404.2 error.

I am 100% sure the path is correct. No errors reported in the Event Viewer.

IIS Execute Permissions are "Scripts Only".

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated?

Many Thanks

Mike

From: mortb on
Hi,
have reviewed the sequrity settings on the new folder in the windows
explorer?
They should be the same as on the site root. I think that typically under
server 2003 the network service account need read and execute permissions in
the folder.

If that won't work you can try to run the command line utility
aspnet_regiis -i in the framework install folder. That tool will make sure
that the file extenitsion .aspx etc will be handled by the framework

cheers,
mortb