From: dodaniel on
I have a IIS server running 6.0. I am attempting to request a certificate
via http://servername/certsrv and I am getting the error: "No certificate
templates could be found. You do not have permission to request a certificate
from this CA, or an error occurred while accessing the Active Directory."

I have walked through the steps outlined in Article ID : 811418 on the
TechNet site. Still no resolution. Ideas?
From: dodaniel on

"dodaniel" wrote:

> I have a IIS server running 6.0. I am attempting to request a certificate
> via http://servername/certsrv and I am getting the error: "No certificate
> templates could be found. You do not have permission to request a certificate
> from this CA, or an error occurred while accessing the Active Directory."
>
> I have walked through the steps outlined in Article ID : 811418 on the
> TechNet site. Still no resolution. Ideas?

After further troubleshooting, I found the issue to be that I had changed
security on the CertSrv directory in IIS to anonymous. After disabling that
option, and selecting Windows Authenication on all certificate related
folders, it worked.