Prev: problem resolved
Next: IE
From: Michal Valent on
Hello,
I have noticed that different IIS are using various delimiters in
"Request.Form" values
e.g.
on some IIS this looks like this

the outcome is from simple ASP NET page

int loop1;

// Get names of all forms into a string array.
String[] arr1 = Request.Form.AllKeys;
for (loop1 = 0; loop1 < arr1.Length; loop1++)
{
myPH.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("Form: " + arr1[loop1]
+ "<br>"));
}

":" is used

..
..
..
Form: menu:menu
Form: myPage:txtTech
Form: myPage:btnSave
Form: myPage:myHidd
..
..
..

on some other IIS

"$" is used

..
..
..
Form: menu$menu
Form: myPage$txtTech
Form: myPage$btnSave
Form: myPage$myHidd
..
..
..

I would like to discover the rules of this behavior,
what it is depend on and if this is possible to be set on an IIS.
Can anybody give me a hint ?
thank you
miso

From: Michal Valent on
this is the cause
web.config
<xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy"/>

"Michal Valent" <valent(a)spirit.sk> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have noticed that different IIS are using various delimiters in
> "Request.Form" values
> e.g.
> on some IIS this looks like this
>
> the outcome is from simple ASP NET page
>
> int loop1;
>
> // Get names of all forms into a string array.
> String[] arr1 = Request.Form.AllKeys;
> for (loop1 = 0; loop1 < arr1.Length; loop1++)
> {
> myPH.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("Form: " + arr1[loop1]
> + "<br>"));
> }
>
> ":" is used
>
> .
> .
> .
> Form: menu:menu
> Form: myPage:txtTech
> Form: myPage:btnSave
> Form: myPage:myHidd
> .
> .
> .
>
> on some other IIS
>
> "$" is used
>
> .
> .
> .
> Form: menu$menu
> Form: myPage$txtTech
> Form: myPage$btnSave
> Form: myPage$myHidd
> .
> .
> .
>
> I would like to discover the rules of this behavior,
> what it is depend on and if this is possible to be set on an IIS.
> Can anybody give me a hint ?
> thank you
> miso

Pages: 1