From: Jim on
Hi,

Win2K3.

Sometimes, when loading some ASPs into a browser, something hangs. It is
happening more and more.

When this happens and "iisreset" is attempted, this is the result:

Attempting stop...
Restart attempt failed.
The system cannot find the file specified. (2147942402, 80070002)

Sometimes I can get around it, by going to the individual Website in IIS
Admin, right click on it and select "Stop". Then "iisreset" may work.

On occasion, we have decided to restart the Win2K3 machine, but the problem
persists.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and know what may cause it?

Thanks,
Jim

From: lucozhao on
I always got the same problem on IIS5 win2000 server.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>iisreset

Attempting stop...
Restart attempt failed.
The system cannot find the file specified. (2147942402, 80070002)

Who knows the answer?

Thanks,
-Jim

Jim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Win2K3.
>
> Sometimes, when loading some ASPs into a browser, something hangs. It is
> happening more and more.
>
> When this happens and "iisreset" is attempted, this is the result:
>
> Attempting stop...
> Restart attempt failed.
> The system cannot find the file specified. (2147942402, 80070002)
>
> Sometimes I can get around it, by going to the individual Website in IIS
> Admin, right click on it and select "Stop". Then "iisreset" may work.
>
> On occasion, we have decided to restart the Win2K3 machine, but the problem
> persists.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this issue and know what may cause it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Pages: 1
Prev: Creating CTL programitically