From: Brian Cryer on
"rich" <rich(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the IP Address question, requests are sent from 2 different computers.
> On the host where BizTalk/IIS are running (via remote desktop session)...
> - Browse to the webservice (ESBReceive.svc) from IIS Admin. Successful
> GET
> - Browse to the webservice (ESBReceive.svc) from IE: Successful GET
> - POST the SOAP message from SoapUI: Failed with the 404
>
> On my desktop...
> - Using IE, browse to the web service. Successful GET operation
> - POST the SOAP message from SoapUI: Failed with the 404
>
> For the Reserved Word possibility, I don't think any words are reserved.
> The service is called "ESBReceiver/Receive.svc".
> Could "Receive" possibly be a reserved word?

Very unlikely. No.
<snip>
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: rich on
Yes Brian, that is correct. All the PUTs are failing with the 404.

From: Brian Cryer on
> Yes Brian, that is correct. All the PUTs are failing with the 404.

If its every POST which is failing - regardless of your IP address - then
I'd look at whether its a BizTalk issue. Specifically does it accept POSTS?
or whether there is any configuration that needs to be in place to allow it
to accept POSTS. (Don't know BizTalk so this isn't something I can help
with.)
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: rich on
There is no indication that the message ever makes it to BizTalk.

From: Brian Cryer on
> There is no indication that the message ever makes it to BizTalk.

Does it make it as far as IIS? So can you see a request in the logs?

If no then look at the generated HTML to see where the request is going and
is yes then I can't think what it might be if it isn't a BizTalk issue.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

First  |  Prev  |