From: Charles Lavin on
Hi --

I'm going in circles trying to set up a WebDAV site on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2
server running IIS 6.

The WebDAV extensions are installed. They are enabled in IIS.

The site was created in IIS on its own IP address, to which the server
responds to ping requests. I have it set up for SSL access (only, I hope).
The certificate was created and installed.

I've been all over the properties sheet for the site I created, and can't
find anything wrong.

I even installed some Web Folders supplement I found for Windows XP and
Windows 2003 computers. It installed on the server without incident.

However, I cannot pull up this particular folder from _any_ machine --
within that LAN or from an outside PC (which is what I need to do).

Every attempt to create a Network Place results in the Wizard spitting out a
"The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another"
error.

Any attempt to link to the folder with a NET USE call results in the error
"System error 67 has occurred. The network name cannot be found."

These errors are occurring whether I'm on a LAN-based PC and trying to
access this share by either its internal FQDN or its internal IP address, or
whether I'm connecting through the Internet and am trying to access the
share by either its Internet FQDN or its Internet IP address.

I have already verified that the firewall is properly accepting and
forwarding all port 443 and port 80 requests for the target Internet IP
address to the proper server.

More confusing still is that a Web browser pointed to the Internet FQDN of
this WebDAV share will actually pull up a view of the folder. But there's no
way to upload files to it from the browser.

What (else) do I need to do to get this to work properly?

Thanks
CL

From: Ken Schaefer on
Did you enable "Write" access (to allow ability to write files?)

In IE you choose File -> Open -> and there's a checkbox for opening as a
network place (in older versions of IE)

If you are using Windows XP, then then inbuilt WebDAV redirector doesn't
support HTTPS/SSL - only HTTP. Upgrade to Windows Vista.

Cheers
Ken

--
http://adOpenStatic.com/blog