From: sgrigg on
I get the following error in my Exchange 2007 server application log:

An IMAP client has specified a literal whose value (59744223) is larger than
the configured maximum of 15728640.

The event ID is 2102, Source is MSExchangeIMAP4.

The error is repeated several times each second and is filling up the logs.
The client is Thunderbird. Any ideas what this is talking about and how to
resolve?
From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:44:01 -0700, sgrigg
<sgrigg(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I get the following error in my Exchange 2007 server application log:
>
>An IMAP client has specified a literal whose value (59744223) is larger than
>the configured maximum of 15728640.
>
>The event ID is 2102, Source is MSExchangeIMAP4.
>
>The error is repeated several times each second and is filling up the logs.
>The client is Thunderbird. Any ideas what this is talking about and how to
>resolve?

Havent seen that one.
Before calling Microsoft support, you may want to apply SP1 RU3 for
Exchange.

From: Trevor on
I've got this on our new Exchange server also. We have just set up a Pilot
Exchange environment (2007 SP1) in a CCR configuration. We have users trying
to move their mailboxes/folders from our IMAP server to the Exchange server.
Works fine with a MAPI client (Outlook) but when our Thunderbird users try
it, these 2102 errors start appearing in the event log on the CAS servers. A
user will get a fraction of their messages transferred.

Anybody know what limit it is running into?

Trevor