From: PincoG on
I've got the same problem, but i cannot understand this:
the program (and the camera) works on my development pc (windows 2000 sp4 italian), but i found the problem on the running system (same system.)
What can i do?
Thanks
From: DJ L. on
Hey PincoG,

If the program and the camera are detected and work on your development machine, then it should work the same way on your other similar machine. You should try to include more information in your posts to tell us what is different so that we can help you what to do next. I can only suggest some things to check on. First, try connecting the same camera that works on the development pc to the running system. Next, make sure that you have all software activated (like NI Vision or the Vision Deployment Engine) on the deployment machine (running system). Make sure that you can acquire from the USB camera in a simple program before trying to get it running in your program. To do this, try running one of the example programs that come with the NI IMAQ for USB driver. I know this sounds simple, but make sure that you install the NI IMAQ for USB driver on the running system and not just the deployed program.

This is all I can think of to help you out with the limited information that you supplied. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.
From: PincoG on
Dear DJ,
thankYou a lot for your time, i've got some questions to solve:
1) i'm not able to install "Imaq for USB" on the running machine, when i try i get this message:
   "You must have Vision 7.1 or higher with labview 7.0 or higher or must have Vision Assistant 7.1 or higher installed to use this add-on"
   Any suggestion? I don't think i can install any of this item on every running machine. (Or not?)
2) Do I need any runtime licence on the running machine? I'm working to have just a simple message like "You need runtime licence on this machine" and then it become a commercial question.
Thanks fo everything you can do .
Greetings
From: cheeaun on
hi everyone...i have exactly the same problem as them..the IMAQ USB Grab return error -1074396024
I'm running on an english OS.. so this rules out the solution..I tried using vision assistant but i also returns " The settings for this camera is not valid"
My case could be a little bit different cause i'm using a usb tv adapter (Kworld PVR TV300U)  that takes in a analog signal from my wireless analog camera. Anyway i tried running it on third party I-Vision software and it seems to be working fine. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I'm running on LB7.1, Vision Asst 7.1 and windowsXP. Thank you.

From: cheeaun on
the device works fine with MSN as a webcam... what i suspect is i can use it with IVision because i use the camerademo vi which has a tv tuner program function in it...? This is because when i use other vi that specify the use of camera, my device don't work even though the program could detect it. They normally give out error as the 'camera' setting is not correct. So, if what i suspected is true the chance of me using the device with imaq vi might be slim...
Anywhere, the reason for me not using the ivision for this is because ivision doesn't have embedded window for it video which is needed for web publishing...anyone have an idea how to change the popup video window to an embedded window in ivision?