From: Karl E. Peterson on
Dee Earley formulated on Thursday :
> On 15/06/2010 14:03, dpb wrote:
>> As noted elsewhere, eternal-september.org is a fairly popular choice,
>> aioe.org is an alternative and there's always the (ughhh!) google web
>> interface (which I _don't_ recommend)...
>
> aioe.org don't carry the microsoft.* heirachy

I think you need to refresh your list.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Dee Earley on
On 17/06/2010 18:43, Karl E. Peterson wrote:
> Dee Earley formulated on Thursday :
>> On 15/06/2010 14:03, dpb wrote:
>>> As noted elsewhere, eternal-september.org is a fairly popular choice,
>>> aioe.org is an alternative and there's always the (ughhh!) google web
>>> interface (which I _don't_ recommend)...
>>
>> aioe.org don't carry the microsoft.* heirachy
>
> I think you need to refresh your list.

Or Thunderbirds filter is screwey...

I type in "Microsoft" and it shows ~10 groups. "Microsoft.public"
returns nothing.
When I clear the filter, it switches to the treeview mode showing the
full heirachy...

Oh well :)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Mike Williams on
"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message

> aioe.org don't carry the microsoft.* heirachy so
> won't be hanging on when the groups disappear.

You seem to have cornered the market on being wrong, Dee. Is this a new
persona you are developing, or is it merely an extension of the old one? ;-)

Mike

From: Dee Earley on
On 18/06/2010 21:01, Mike Williams wrote:
> "Dee Earley"<dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> aioe.org don't carry the microsoft.* heirachy so
>> won't be hanging on when the groups disappear.
>
> You seem to have cornered the market on being wrong, Dee. Is this a new
> persona you are developing, or is it merely an extension of the old one? ;-)

I allow myself to crossover periodically :)
I will happily accept when I'm proved wrong though.

I'd tracked the problem down to Thunderbird (3.1) not searching from the
beginning of the string when filtering the groups!
I have to search for "icrosoft.public" :p

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike Williams was thinking very hard :
> You seem to have cornered the market on being wrong,

Y'know, a guy can *really* try, but with Cor in the room... <vbg>