From: joel on

Chip : I think you may of found the error. the meory copy could give
an error if you copy an array that is longer then the amound of memory
delecared for the array. Varptr I have seen used to force an array to
be on a word or double word boundry so the byte count is correct. There
is a potential problem is you use memorycopy to copy words or double
words and the memory you are copying doesn't lie on an even boundry.

John: Which function in code is failing. I would expect most of the
code is good and ther is just a couple of lirary declarations that are
wrong.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: nicktruman on
Hi Guys,
Can I see how you modified the code to work through an excel spreadsheet? I want the output on one sheet but the list is on another in the same workbook. I have the code running without errors now, but as the functions are private I can't call them from within Excel.

Any help would be appreciated?

Kind regards, and VERY grateful...
Nick
Here is an interesting statistic from the survey a huge number of self declared internet experts, who have used the internet for more than 6 years, think their ISP is internet explorer or Firefox...

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.programming/IP-address-to-Hostname-in-Excel
From: joel on

Put the code into a module VBA sheet and remove the word "PRIVATE".

From: nicktruman on
Hi Joel
Is there a way to speed the program up? I have used a pivot table and reduced the IP list to 400 entries. Where there is no hostname I gt a blank, but it takes 10 minutes to resolve all 400. Does this sound right?
Cheers
Nick

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.programming/IP-address-to-Hostname-in-Excel
From: joel on

Which instruction are you hanging up at? I tried a few invalid IP
addresses with my original posted program and didn't get any hangups. I
suspect some of your modifications are causing the problem. Can you
post your lasted code.

there arre a ffew tests wich you may of left out of the modified code

1) If ptrHosent <> 0 Then
2) If nbytes > 0 Then