From: John Corliss on
If any of you were using Nirsoft's IPNetInfo:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo.html

and wondering why all of a sudden it quite getting any results, this
update fixes the problems resulting from changes made in ARIN WHOIS server.

I was having this problem (no info would be given, only a warning from
the ARIN server that search terms were too broad) and set about sending
Nirsoft a message asking about it. Luckily, before I sent the message, I
decided to see if there had been an update to the program which dealt
with the problem. There had been, so I downloaded this update and
canceled the message. The new version works perfectly.

--
John Corliss BS206. Because of all the Googlespam, I block all posts
sent through Google Groups. I also block as many posts from anonymous

No ad, CD, commercial, cripple, demo, nag, share, spy, time-limited,
trial or web wares OR warez for me, please.
From: Stephen Dedalus on
Yrrah wrote:
> John Corliss <q34wsk20(a)yahoo.com>:
>

>> If any of you were using Nirsoft's IPNetInfo:
>>

> I use it with CurrPorts, which can launch IPNetInfo automatically when
> it's in the same folder.
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
>

>> and wondering why all of a sudden it quite getting any results, this
>> update fixes the problems resulting from changes made in ARIN WHOIS server.
>>

> The update has been around for about two weeks.
>
> Yrrah

Nowhere was there a mention of it being a "new" update.

Hating to be upstaged is one thing.
Revealing that weakness for all the world to see is quite another.

--Stephen Dedalus
From: John Corliss on
Yrrah wrote:
> John Corliss wrote:
>
>> If any of you were using Nirsoft's IPNetInfo:
>
> I use it with CurrPorts, which can launch IPNetInfo automatically when
> it's in the same folder.
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/cports.html
>
>> and wondering why all of a sudden it quite getting any results, this
>> update fixes the problems resulting from changes made in ARIN WHOIS server.
>
> The update has been around for about two weeks.

I have over 100 programs installed and over 100 no-install programs on
this computer. I can't be expected to keep up with every update out
there of course.

Before I posted my message, I checked the group to see if anybody else
has posted about the update. Nobody had.

So... Yrrah, I'm forced to ask, what's your point in mentioning that the
update has been out for about two weeks?

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "John Corliss" <q34wsk20(a)yahoo.com>

| If any of you were using Nirsoft's IPNetInfo:

| http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo.html

| and wondering why all of a sudden it quite getting any results, this
| update fixes the problems resulting from changes made in ARIN WHOIS server.

| I was having this problem (no info would be given, only a warning from
| the ARIN server that search terms were too broad) and set about sending
| Nirsoft a message asking about it. Luckily, before I sent the message, I
| decided to see if there had been an update to the program which dealt
| with the problem. There had been, so I downloaded this update and
| canceled the message. The new version works perfectly.

Now if only Sam Spade could also be updated...

--
Dave

From: Don Kirkman on
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 14:35:48 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>From: "John Corliss" <q34wsk20(a)yahoo.com>

>| If any of you were using Nirsoft's IPNetInfo:

>| http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo.html

>| and wondering why all of a sudden it quite getting any results, this
>| update fixes the problems resulting from changes made in ARIN WHOIS server.

>| I was having this problem (no info would be given, only a warning from
>| the ARIN server that search terms were too broad) and set about sending
>| Nirsoft a message asking about it. Luckily, before I sent the message, I
>| decided to see if there had been an update to the program which dealt
>| with the problem. There had been, so I downloaded this update and
>| canceled the message. The new version works perfectly.

>Now if only Sam Spade could also be updated...

Hear! Hear!
--
Don Kirkman
donsno2(a)charter.net