From: ACsokai on
I had a power failure on the server today, due to cable unplugged (small
server, single power supply).

Upon startup, we relized that we cannot reach the server or the Internet.
Event Viewer shows the following failures. I rebooted the server a number of
times, restarted all ISA services, attempted to start the ISA ProxyService,
but it fails, logging the errors below. I ran the connection wizard again,
but no use. What else can I do to fix this?
Thanks for the help,
Attila

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Firewall
Event Category: None
Event ID: 14060
Date: 6/6/2006
Time: 10:06:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Server1:
Cannot load an application filter Web Proxy Filter
({4CB7513E-220E-4C20-815A-B67BAA295FF4}). FilterInit failed with code
0x80070005. To attempt to activate this application filter again, stop and
restart the Firewall service.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft ISA Server Web Proxy
Event Category: None
Event ID: 14127
Date: 6/6/2006
Time: 10:06:59 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Server1:
The Web Proxy filter could not initialize (error code 505.112.4.0.2165.594).

From: "Crina Li" on
Hi Attila,

Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup.

From your description, I understand the issue to be: You can not connect to
SBS and internet from client and got event 14060 and 14127 on server after
a power failure. If I have misunderstood your concerns, please do not
hesitate to let me know.

Please check the following KB articles to see if they help:

837864 The Microsoft Firewall service does not start and event ID 7024 is
logged in the system event log of the computer that is running ISA Server
2004
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;837864

896495 The Firewall service may not start in Internet Security and
Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 after you select a certificate for a, SSL
listener
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;896495

If the issue still occurs, please try to rerun CEICW follow the below steps:

1. On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. Go to
Standard Management\To Do List.
2. Click the "Connect to the Internet" link.
3. Choose not to change the connection type and click Next. On the Firewall
page, select "Enable firewall" and click Next.
4. On the "Services Configuration" page, select all the items and then
click Next.
5. On the "Web Services Configuration" page, make sure "Allow access to the
entire Web site from the Internet" is selected. If you select "Allow access
to only the following Web site services from the Internet", make sure the
web sites you want to publish are selected. Click Next.
6. On the "Web Server Certificate" page, choose to create a new Web server
certificate and then type the public FQDN of SBS.
7. Go through the remaining steps.
8. If you have a router or hardware firewall, configure it to forward
inbound traffic on TCP port 80 and 443 to the SBS server's external
address.

825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server
2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825763

If it does not help, would you please help me collect the following
information?

1. Have you installed ISA 2004 SP2?
2. Please disable SSL on the web listeners and test this issue.

I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Crina Li (MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------

From: Attila on
Thank you so much for helping. As a SBS Partner, its important that I get
this fixed, as its my own server, and better for me to experience this then
my clients.

Prior to your posting, I came across your first suggested fix already,
namely:
837864 The Microsoft Firewall service does not start and event ID 7024 is
logged in the system event log of the computer that is running ISA Server
2004
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;837864

BTW, I do have SP for ISA 2004 installed.
So here is what happened. It partially fixed the problem. In order to be
able to start the Webn Proxy Service, I had to disable all the Web
Publishing Rules. After the service started, I reenabled the four Web
Publishing Rules, but two of them compained that thought they started, they
could not be added to the database. Following this, I ran the CEICW, with
Firewall Enabled selected, but it failed on the Network Configuration,
however, was able to configure the rest. I ran the CEICW again, Firewall
Disabled, and it was able to configure all settings including Network
Configuration fine. However, OWA, RWA is still not possible from outside,
though luckily SMTP mail does come in.

Next I deleted all four web publishing rules in ISA, ran the CEICW again,
but it repeated the same scenario above, if Firewall Enabled was selected
then Network Config failed, and if Firewall Disabled ws selected, the CEICW
completed fine.

To note, in no case was I able to restart the ISA Proxy Service without
first disabling all four Web Publishing Rules, including after many reboots.

Tonight, Im going to try your suggestion #2, 896495 The Firewall service may
not start in Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 after you
select a certificate for a, SSL listener
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;896495
and let you know. I just got the hotfix mentioned in the article and will
apply it tonight.

Thanks, and I will update you tomorrow.

Attila

From: Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP] on
Under similar circumstances, I've deleted the entire firewall configuration
from ISA (except the "Last Default Rule"), and allowed CEICW to rebuild the
ISA firewall policy.

I've more commonly seen this where ISA is in-place upgraded from 2k to 2k4.

In another case, I believe I searched the registry for the string (example:
({4CB7513E-220E-4C20-815A-B67BAA295FF4}). ), and found that it was pointing
to a non-existent location. Exporting (for fallback) and then deleting the
entry solved the error), and the CEICW successfully rebuilt the ISA
configuration.

--
Les Connor [SBS Community Member - SBS MVP]
SBS Rocks !

From: "Crina Li" on
Hi Attila,

Thanks for your update.

If this issue still occurs, let's do as following:.

1. Delete all the web publishing rules.
2. Locate the SBS companyWeb listener and SBS Web listener in the Network
Objects (You can click Firewall Policy and then click Toolbox on the right
pane.) in the ISA 2004 console.
3. Please export and delete the SBS CompanyWeb Listener.
4. Open the Properties page of SBS Web Listener and in the Preferences tab,
please click to clear the check mark of Enable SSL. Click OK.
5. Apply the settings.
6. Try to start ISA service again and see if the issue will be reproduced.

If we could start the ISA service, let's recreate new certificate in the
CEICW wizard. You could create a new certificate with different name and
see if things could be improved.

I will look forward to hearing from you.

> [...]

| > "Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there
are
| > any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your
newsreader,
| > please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
| > issue.
| >
| > Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
| > provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
| > different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In
| > doing
| > so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
| >
| > For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly.
Please
| > check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
| >
| > Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.

| > |
| > | I had a power failure on the server today, due to cable unplugged
(small
| > | server, single power supply).
| > |
| > | Upon startup, we relized that we cannot reach the server or the
| > Internet.
| > | Event Viewer shows the following failures. I rebooted the server a
| > number
| > of
| > | times, restarted all ISA services, attempted to start the ISA
| > ProxyService,
| > | but it fails, logging the errors below. I ran the connection wizard
| > again,
| > | but no use. What else can I do to fix this?
| > | Thanks for the help,
| > | Attila
| > |
| > | Event Type: Error
| > | Event Source: Microsoft Firewall
| > | Event Category: None
| > | Event ID: 14060
| > | Date: 6/6/2006
| > | Time: 10:06:59 PM
| > | User: N/A
| > | Computer: Server1:
| > | Cannot load an application filter Web Proxy Filter
| > | ({4CB7513E-220E-4C20-815A-B67BAA295FF4}). FilterInit failed with code
| > | 0x80070005. To attempt to activate this application filter again, stop
| > and
| > | restart the Firewall service.
| > |
| > | Event Type: Error
| > | Event Source: Microsoft ISA Server Web Proxy
| > | Event Category: None
| > | Event ID: 14127
| > | Date: 6/6/2006
| > | Time: 10:06:59 PM
| > | User: N/A
| > | Computer: Server1:
| > | The Web Proxy filter could not initialize (error code
| > 505.112.4.0.2165.594).
| > |
| > |
| > |