From: Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com on
Hi
Can someone please add an ISNA bit to this please for use into excel 2007.
I have been trying for ages and have been getting all tied up with it
Many Thanks
Matt

=VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE)

--
Matt Lynn

From: Bob Phillips on
=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE),"")

--

HTH

Bob

From: Fred Smith on
Do it this way:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE))

Regards,
Fred

From: Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com on
thank you everyone - thats just what i needed - perfectomundo

Matt

--
Matt Lynn

From: Mike H on
Mat,

I prefer this method

=IF(COUNTIF(A:A,J5)>0,VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE),"")

but if you want isna

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(J5,A:B,2,FALSE))

BTW. Unless it's essential then avoid using full columns, it can slow things
down a lot.

--
Mike

question.