From: Kardon Coup� on
Dear All,

Recenlty I've been helping a few people out, when there machines crash, by
pulling all there data of the drivers, documents, pictures, etc.. then I
have been burning the stuff out to give back to them...

A majority of the time the information is well over dvd capacity sizes and
I'm having to sit there and manually move stuff around to fit the dvd's to
not waste space on them..Like creating DVD1, dragging files into the folder,
DVD2, dragging files into the folder, etc

Here is the question, is there any software out there, that I can point to a
folder it will scan, build up a list, create the ISO and remember which ones
it has allocated to the ISO, then i can just burn out each ISO, job would be
done much quicker.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Paul.

From: Jim on
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:59:25 -0000, "Kardon Coup�"
<prefer.to(a)readon.newsgroups> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>Recenlty I've been helping a few people out, when there machines crash, by
>pulling all there data of the drivers, documents, pictures, etc.. then I
>have been burning the stuff out to give back to them...
>
>A majority of the time the information is well over dvd capacity sizes and
>I'm having to sit there and manually move stuff around to fit the dvd's to
>not waste space on them..Like creating DVD1, dragging files into the folder,
>DVD2, dragging files into the folder, etc
>
>Here is the question, is there any software out there, that I can point to a
>folder it will scan, build up a list, create the ISO and remember which ones
>it has allocated to the ISO, then i can just burn out each ISO, job would be
>done much quicker.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Regards
>Paul.

Easier for them to do external image backups ?
From: David Webb on

"Kardon Coup�" <prefer.to(a)readon.newsgroups> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> Recenlty I've been helping a few people out, when there machines crash, by
> pulling all there data of the drivers, documents, pictures, etc.. then I have
> been burning the stuff out to give back to them...
>
> A majority of the time the information is well over dvd capacity sizes and I'm
> having to sit there and manually move stuff around to fit the dvd's to not
> waste space on them..Like creating DVD1, dragging files into the folder, DVD2,
> dragging files into the folder, etc
>
> Here is the question, is there any software out there, that I can point to a
> folder it will scan, build up a list, create the ISO and remember which ones
> it has allocated to the ISO, then i can just burn out each ISO, job would be
> done much quicker.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards
> Paul.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work for just a few systems. Are you expecting a
greater influx of failures of the same type coming your way?

I assume that you are accessing the hard drives via some method similar to
mounting it in an external USB enclosure. Or maybe you're using a BartPE or
UBCD4WIN disc. It would help to know exactly how.

Food for thought: Why couldn't you simply collect the data files into separate
zip files? You would end up with smaller files due to compression. You could
then burn the zip files to DVD media.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Google is your friend.....

From: Kardon Coup� on
Nah, as it's generally only 'My Documents' and Desktop stuff the've forgot
to move into 'My Documents' etc... all the rest would just be a waste of the
discs...

From: "db" databaseben at hotmail dot on
you might try drive image xml.

with it you can point to a folder(s)