From: Nolene on
I would like to display in cell A2 a red diamond if the value in
U2="Storage"; a Green Circle if the value in U2="Central Files" "Office" or
Floor"; and a yellow triangle if the value in U2="Missing".

I saw the response to "ICON Arrows UP or DOWN", but I couldn't understand
where the different parts were supposed to go.
From: nita on
Nolene, you can put an IF statement in column A that reflects the information
in column U:

=IF(U2="Storage", 1,IF(or(U2="Central
File",U2="Office",U2="Floor"),2,IF(U2="Missing"),1,""))))

I think I have enough closing parenthesis there . .

Then, use conditional formatting to define if the result in column A is 1
then . . . if the result in column A is 2 then etc

I didn't however double check to make sure than conditional formatting has a
set of icons that included a red diamond, a green circle and a yellow
triangle --